Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Phoenix - Denver

After leaving California I drove down to Phoenix to visit my good friend Tim Franks (nickname DJ Timbits, long story) and his wonderful wife Alicia. Tim is the youth pastor of a church in Phoenix and this past Sunday morning we got up nice and early for an Easter sunrise service, spent the day at church, and watched the Lakers game that night.


From Phoenix I made a 14-plus hour drive to Denver, Colorado. I saw my Aunt Jayne, who made me a great ham and turkey sandwich, and I also got to see my cousins, Zach and TJ.

And now I'm out in the Colorado country, visiting my Uncle Greg and Aunt Joanne. On the road to their house, you can see Pikes Peak (altitude 14,115 ft.)




Here's a place in the area which someone refers to as the "John Wayne Vista View"



My Uncle Greg and Aunt Joanne also have quite a few animals too. I'll post some pictures of the critters and the farm in the next post...

1 comment:

  1. It was awesome having you for lunch and getting an idea of what might be in your future.
    We hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete